So I was a bit naughty on Sunday and baked a cake... I am blaming all the cooking shows I watch and my addiction to Masterchef. Plus I had some fresh raspberries and some coconut so I thought why not make a treat.
A pick me up for a Monday ... Now I am aware I burnt this a little and it's not pretty but I thought I would share it anyway because baking doesn't have to look perfect to be delicious!
Raspberry & Coconut Cake - Lightly Devine
Time: 45 minutes all up
180g brown sugar
100g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
80g coconut grated (I use fresh but desiccated would work too)
150g fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Grease an 8 inch tin
- Mix together butter and sugar until combined then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add in the flour and baking powder.
- Fold in the coconut and raspberries, gently mix to make sure everything is combined.
- Pour into tin and bake for around 30 minutes.
- Use a skewer to test the cake, if it comes out clean it is ready! **Some ovens are super fast or slow so keep an eye on it.
Enjoy with your favourite hot beverage and perhaps a nice book!